Monday, September 27, 2010

Box Turtles







Along with a dragonfly explosion this summer we also had quite a few turtles. In fact, I don’t recall ever seeing so many in our yard in previous years. I was quite surprised to find babies in our yard this year too! And the little guys were under foot .. as you can imagine I was always afraid I was gonna squish one. Thank goodness that didn’t happen. I put a large plant saucer out under a tree for them to drink from and they were quite happy with that. If you have turtles and want to offer them water .. do it in a dish that isn’t too deep because box turtles will drown if they can’t get out of the water. A plant saucer works nicely. Click on the pictures to enlarge them. And you can read a little more about Box Turtles here if you care to .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_turtle

No comments:

Post a Comment