Well, a busy summer has finally come to an end and it's time to get back into hockey mode.
With less than a month until the puck drops, CC has had another tough personnel loss; this time not due to graduation or defection to the pros. J.P. Brunkhorst, a solid player and hard worker, will forgo his senior season with the Tigers to focus on his studies. Definitely a tough loss for the Tigers, but we all wish J.P. the best and hope he will go on to be successful at medical school.
A few other notes since I've been a bit too busy this summer to get to everything:
* CC games will now be broadcast on 103.9 - The Eagle.
* The Tigers' two home games against the University of Denver will be televised nationally on ESPNU.
* The New York Rangers lost their rights to Joey Crabb, which allowed him to sign a two year deal with the Atlanta Thrashers, joining CC teammate Brett Sterling.
* Trevor Frischmon has signed a contract with the Syracuse Crunch of the AHL.
* Weston Tardy and Aaron Slattengren have signed with the Phoenix Roadrunners of the ECHL.
* Marty Sertich signed a two year deal with the Dallas Stars.
* The Western College Hockey Blog picked the Tigers to finish 7th in the WCHA.
* Former CC star Tom Preissing won't be suiting up with DU alum Matt Carle anymore, as he was traded from the San Jose Sharks to the Ottawa Senators.
* Apparenly Andreas Vlassopoulous has started skating again this summer, although it's unclear whether he'll be ready to be playing at the beginning of the season.