Thursday, September 22, 2011

An Excursion

The thing that’s really nice about the cabins we’ve stayed at is that we can go from there to explore other beautiful areas.  We can walk around and still come home to a nice place to relax and clean up. I love seeing the different mountains and rivers that there are in this country.  No two look the same.  Nothing can beat the view from a wild flower covered hillside.  Most of these areas had no other people to be seen in them which made it all the more spectacular.  We were glad for my Dad’s Grand Cherokee to get us to some of these spots.  I seriously don’t think my car could have handled it.  I wonder if this keeps the tree warm during the harsh winters here!  These little purple flowers smell like black pepper if you take the time to sniff them.  This is a chipmunk eye view of Mike and Gabby exploring the forest.  I can never get enough of the wild roses and their heavenly smell!  Seeing some of these rockslides made me glad that it wasn’t pouring rain while we navigated the narrow roads.  Here’s an idea of just how narrow the roads were.  I love the sound of these mountain rivers so much!  I can imagine the fish in this stream hopping right into my frying pan!  The weather couldn’t have been more glorious.  This is classic Montana!  This is ironically called the Stillwater…I think not!  Walking these trails is something I’ve grown to love so much.  Several people have been hurt and killed by bears over the last couple years…it pays to pay attention to your surroundings.  A couple we met up here actually saw a large black bear but all we saw were these signs.  Our days for really long hikes are over and seeing the names of these places makes me glad about that.  I have to admit these trailheads did look inviting never the less.  I will leave this as a bookmark until next time!  Now we look forward to my dear brother visiting from Africa.  He will be here on Monday…we are so excited.  He’s not been here to visit us for about 14 years though we visited him last year.  Also so I don’t leave anything left to guess.  The reason I said last week was hard was because our trip to the Philippines has been postponed.  I believe this to be right but it was also very difficult.  Time and seasons belong to God.  We continue to trust Him.  Bless you all, thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment