Friday, July 30, 2010

Desert Willow Lei

Desert Willow Flower
1 (2)  1 (3)
1 (5)
heart lei2
me1  

When I walked out to our backyard this morning with two cats in tow - I certainly didn’t think I’d be making a lei. But I noticed all the desert willow flowers on the ground under our tree. The tree bloomed wonderfully this year and the flowers smell fantastic. Bees and butterflies are very attracted to it. I came in the house in search of some fishing wire to string the flowers on. As I was picking the flowers up off the ground I could hear the dust cropper (airplane) in the background. He was dusting the corn field just behind our property. Of course I had to run back in the house and get my camera to get pictures of it but that’s another post. Today, I’m simply sharing my pretty pink lei with you.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment